I’ll keep it short today: My muse is low anyways.
I often wonder what would religionless Christianity would look like:
1. The ability to love without presupposition of what a person worth loving looks like.
2. The ability to ascribe perfect worth, without diagnosing them with our own judgements.
3. Freedom from our own guilt and shame, and, the way we mask it with Christian bumper stickers, T-Shirts and the infamous Christianese talk.
4. Vulnerability, that allows us to expose ourselves without fear of being lashed out by our religious communities.
5. Seeing beyond our own sects, and, removing our own self-righteousness to learn and seek from those outside our circles. (Within and outside of Christianity)
A few thoughts from today.