10 Things I’ve Learned In 25 Years
1. Our minds will always create fantasies to live by. For the most part, these fantasies are not helpful and keep us from living in the moment where God is always present.
2. We must learn not identify with our thoughts and emotions, because they’re not us. They change from moment to moment and that’s an unhealthy way to live.
3. Being yourself is not only the greatest gift you can give to yourself, but it is what God and society need from you. Trusting the life that is within you will pour out into worship and service around you.
5.Trying to judge other people’s intentions or thoughts about you is rather pointless. It gets you into too much mess.
6. Find a few people older than you to help you grow.
7. It takes much more effort trying to be positive then negative, but it’s worth it.
8. The understanding that you have something to give to others must come with the awareness of how much you have already been given.
9. You can’t force people to approve of you, agree with you, be impressed with you, love you, or even like you. Stop trying.
10. Don’t be a jerk.